Mild side effects of Temazepam
Mild Temazepam side effects include:
- daytime drowsiness
- muscle weakness
- balance loss
- tingly feeling
- blurred vision
- depressed mood
- stomach pain
- dry mouth
- increased thirst
Severe Temazepam side effects
Severe Temazepam side effects require immediate termination of drug usage and urgent medical attention. Severe adverse effects include allergic reactions, like hives, breathing problems or swelling, weak or shallow breathing, fast or irregular heartbeats, confusion, slurred speech, unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations, agitation, aggression, suicidal thoughts, pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, urination problems, nausea, stomach pain, appetite loss, dark urine, black stools or jaundice.
What is Temazepam used for?
Temazepam is a medication included in the category of benzodiazepines that influence and control certain chemicals in the brain. If these chemicals become imbalanced, this fact leads to insomnia (sleeping problems).
This medication is helpful in treating problems that relate to insomnia, such as staying asleep or falling asleep. Temazepam is not for the usage of patients younger than 18 years of age.
Temazepam Interactions and Risks
- You encounter any symptoms of a severe allergic reaction thanks to the usage of this medication, such as breathing deficiency, hives or swelling. In any of these situations, you are required to seek for urgent medical attention and to stop taking Temazepam immediate
- Some of your daily activities require you to be alert or awake. Driving should be avoided during your treatment period with Temazepam because this medication may slow down you thinking or reactions or may stop the activity of your memory. If you encounter no memory activity, stop taking Temazepam right away and consult your healthcare provider urgently.
- You ever presented allergic reactions to this medication or any other drug included in the category of benzodiazepines, such as Alprazolam, Chlordiazepoxide, Clorazepate, Diazepam, Lorazepam or Triazolam.
- You suffer from asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) or any other problems with breathing, liver or kidney disorder, glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, depression, suicidal thoughts or drug or alcohol addiction. All these conditions must be reported to your doctor before starting to use Temazepam, in order to make sure that you can safely take this medication along with these illnesses without any problems. You may also be required to take some special tests or you may need a dose adjustment.
- You consume alcohol frequently. The mixture of Temazepam with alcohol may increase certain side effects of this medication or may lead to a fatal overdose.
- You are currently treating yourself with other medications that make you sleepy.
Temazepam and pregnancy
Temazepam may cause birth defects in the infant and withdrawal symptoms in the newborn baby. It’s forbidden to take this medication during pregnancy. If you become pregnant during your treatment period with Temazepam, report this to your healthcare provider right away. However, it’s recommended to use effective birth control pills, in order to avoid pregnancy while treating yourself with Temazepam.
Temazepam and breastfeeding
Temazepam passes into breast milk and is also expected to harm the nursing baby. You are not allowed to use this medication during breastfeeding without medical advice.
An overdose of Temazepam may be fatal, especially if taken with alcohol and requires urgent medical attention. The overdosing symptoms of this medication include extreme drowsiness, confusion, muscle weakness, slurred speech, tremors, slow heartbeats, shallow breathing, seizure, fainting or even coma.