Side effects of Aloe Vera juice
There isn’t enough scientific analysis on the side effects of Aloe Vera juice. According to medical studies, Aloe Vera juice adverse effects mostly appear only if you consume a too large quantity of this beverage.
Aloe Vera juice side effects include:
- electrolyte imbalance
- abdominal cramps
Some of the severe forms of the side effects for this beverage are serious allergic reactions, such as irritation or rash.
This means that if you know how to properly drink Aloe Vera juice, without overdosing then you will definitely avoid its side effects. However, if you encounter any of the above mentioned side effects, you should immediately stop drinking Aloe Vera juice and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
What is Aloe Vera juice used for?
Aloe Vera is considered to be one of the most well-known plants worldwide. In its juice form, this plant presents a lot of benefits to the human body and everyday health. At the beginning, when Aloe Vera became popular, it was used for centuries because it was initially proven to be efficient in treating cuts and wounds. Later, the medical science discovered that Aloe Vera juice is also helpful in treating constipation, but it is also considered to be efficient in healing the symptoms of acid reflux, cleaning the colon, activating the immune system and helping to heal from digestive problems. However, this beverage also has the power to regulate blood pressure and sugar levels in the blood.
Aloe Vera juice is one of the most well-known natural treatment methods nowadays. This beverage is proven to present numerous benefits on our everyday health and the human body, such as:
- Detoxifying properties on the body
- Renewing cells
- Increasing hemoglobin level in the blood
- Anti-inflammatory (reducing inflammation, burns, wounds and skin irritation) and anesthetic properties
- Helping the organism to resist against viruses
- Positive influence on the skin
- Promoting healthy digestion
- Decreasing symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn and stomach pain
- Natural laxative
- Activating the immune system.
Aloe Vera juice Interactions and Risks
- You have low blood pressure. This beverage might increase blood pressure too much.
- You have a disease of the gastrointestinal tract or irritable bowel syndrome. Aloe Vera juice contains a high level of laxatives that might worsen these conditions. It’s forbidden to drink this beverage, if you’re in any of these situations. The same rule is available for other medical conditions as well, such as stomach pain or ulcers, hemorrhoids, intestinal obstruction, diverticulosis, colitis and appendicitis.
- You have kidney disorder or any heart condition. It’s prohibited to drink Aloe Vera juice in all of these situations.
Aloe Vera juice and pregnancy
Aloe Vera juice is not recommended for pregnant women because it might cause diarrhea. You are not allowed to start drinking this beverage without medical attention, if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Aloe Vera juice and breastfeeding
It is contraindicated to drink Aloe Vera juice during breastfeeding. You should first talk to your doctor before starting to drink this beverage, if you’re nursing a baby.